My dear readers, first, I have to apologize you for all my grammatical errors in this article. English is not my main language, and I hope I have not offended you with this, please forgive me.
In 2007, I spent two years working as a graphic/web designer at Metro News. That same year, we decided to expand Metro News from three cities to thirteen. The final decision was made during the continuous meetings we had with the sales, marketing, finance and management team. But perhaps the wisest and bravest decision was made in those years for a paper newspaper. A tough decision with a very high risk in R.O.I (Return of Invest).
At the same time, we considered the Twelve Principles as a safety valve for Metro News to survive so that we can work profitably for at least a decade. Good things happened. In 2008 and 2009, when most businesses were suffering from the global economic downturn, Metro News made more than $ 1 million in net profit. Of course, thanks and appreciation to all the friends we worked with during those years.
Today, thirteen years later, I still believe that the same principles, with a little change, can play a miraculous role in the success of a business. Because it worked well and successfully in Metro News.
If you want to start a successful business in this complex digital era with Gen-Z and Gen- Alfa, make sure your business is following step by step these principles:
- Then Beginning.
I am going to explain some of them, briefly.
- The principle of readiness to change or, Becoming, that is, the business you are building, in any case, must be able to change from one form to another, This principle keeps the marketing and sales team hands open to make it easier to work in all areas and digital forms. It is better to always be ready to change and to try to change along with new technologies. And, of course, achieving this goal requires organized research. Fifteen years after the advent of the Internet, many large companies still deeply believed that the Internet could not be commercialized, but that is ridiculous today. Even in 1995, the famous TIME magazine published an article in which it said that the Internet was only a second-hand source for educational research and would never be popular.
- Every business or service you offer should be able to ride as much as possible on artificial intelligence and computer automation, so-called Cognifying, or the highest level of AI use. You should be able to connect your business or services to Amazon Alexa, Google Home or IBM Watson Whenever necessary. A business or service that is not connected to Artificial Intelligence will cost a lot of money. For example, in Pixelman Education, I used the Articulate360 automatic learning system to provide 24-hour classroom and teacher access to students from all over the world. For example, Watson, IBM's artificial intelligence, allows people to tell Watson about their illness and geographical location if they get sick in a remote part of the world, and this is artificial intelligence to diagnose their illness from now on. The error of this process is less than 3%. So, we see that Cognifying shares your information at once with several hundred doctors from around the world and gives you the best results.
- The business you are planning to set up must comply with the principles of DFT or Demand Flowing Technology. This feature of the business allows you to provide services according to the needs of different customers at any time. This helps you, as a business owner, to better control two important issues, 1- targeting the audience. 2- Changing the way of providing service or goods based on the target generation. Let's not forget that the alpha generation is emerging, a generation that is even different from the Z generation we're dealing with now, and whether we like it or not, This is the generation that will change the way marketing does everything from what it is today to Interactive/3D/Touchable way. I am going to call it I3T Marketing.
- Our business of any kind should produce smart, creative content and this content should be interactive and Touchable to be able to engage it with the screens. Screens mean available on mobile phones and tablets, otherwise, we will lose the customer or the audience. People are not reading anymore; they are screening their devices; they love to listen and watch. It is still one version of reading, but Neuroscientists believe when a person screening his/her device another part of his/her brain cell is active which is different when they are reading.
- Make sure your business has fully respect to “Accessing “. Let me start this part with some examples:
- Netflix, the World’s largest video hub, allows us to watch a movie without owning it.
- Spotify, the largest music streaming company, let us listen to unlimited music without owning them.
- Amazon’s Kindle unlimited enables us to read any book in its 950,000-volume library without owning books.
- Sony PlayStation let us play games without purchasing them.
- Uber, the world’s largest taxi company, owns no vehicles.
- Facebook, the world’s most popular media owner, create no content.
- Alibaba, the most valuable retailer, has no inventory.
- Airbnb, the world’s largest accommodation provider, owns not even one hotel room.
Possessing is not as important as it once was. Accessing is more important than ever. Kind of, I am trying to tell you, establish your business based on Socialism, not Capitalism. Somehow, Your business must Dematerialization. The world’s consumer using 38% fewer materials. Digital technology accelerates dematerialization by hastening the migration from products to services. Focus on offer more and more services than goods.
I will not continue this discussion here any longer, because you may be bored. But the next seven principles of this article are practical, and I prefer to present them in a longer lesson called Interactive Marketing in New Media. Hoping to see you in that lesson.